Thursday, April 03, 2003

What a long, strange day it's been

I don't have anything coherent to say. So I will say several unconnected things:

Foremost on my mind, I suppose, my friend Amy's sister passed away this morning. It was sort of expected, but I can't even imagine how horrible it must be for Amy. As annoying as my siblings can be, one of them dying would absolutely ruin me. My heart aches for her.

E3 won a big-ass (upwards of $120,000) scholarship to Wash U. tonight. Of course, she will still have to pay $10,000/yr. in room and board costs. Is this a good idea? Probably not, considering she has a free ride to a state school. Is it going to happen anyway? Probably.

Is it wrong to be glad I'm going to Austria because I don't want to take my eyebrow ring out (as I would have to if I taught for TFA)?

Four pages written on the thesis tonight, perhaps more before bed. I tell you this because I want you to feel like the end is in sight and eventually you will get to stop hearing about it. Also, evidently I sometimes get on my high horse about the thesis and PBK and doing well in classes—no superiority intended, I promise. Sorry. It'll be over soon.

This is just about the scariest frickin' thing I can think of. Eyes the size of dinner plates? Razor hooks? Is this a freaky Navy experiment? "Johnson! Forget the dolphins! What about...ridiculously huge squid!"

Plans for this weekend: cat-sitting. Thesis. Vacuuming. Making pot roast. Good times…good times.

No comments:

Blog Archive