Tuesday, April 01, 2003

Neopolitan? What's that crap?

Things I almost bought at the grocery store tonight, but resisted (wisely):

  • More asparagus. Even though it was $1.50/lb, it's probably better to eat the pound I already have.

  • Bread. I have yet to eat more than half a loaf a bread before it gets all moldy. I don't know why; I like bread. I just don't eat it.

  • Duncan Hines cake mix. The mix may have been 88¢, but the frosting was still full price, and what's the point of cake without frosting?

  • Doritos. I didn't actually resist this one; I saw someone coming that I didn't want to talk to and had to turn down another aisle. Still, Doritos are bad for you. Better that I don't buy them.

  • Honeycombs cereal. I have a deep and abiding passion for cereal, but I think that's really pushing the line between "breakfast food" and "sugar in a bad disguise." Fortunately Honey Bunches of Oats were on sale, so I still got my "honey" cereal. Whew.

  • Cat toy for Regs. Seeing as how she'd knocked over her food dish and broken my Venitian blinds by the time I got home, I think that one was fine.

  • Guitar. Okay, this one wasn't so much at the grocery store as on eBay, but I want to learn to play the guitar and I am having to strongly resist buying one. Mantra: if it can't go to Austria in September, it can't come home now.

  • Something I did buy that I feel fine about: a half-gallon of mint chocolate chip ice cream. 99¢. Mmmhm.

    No comments:

    Blog Archive