Tuesday, April 22, 2003

And my first name is evidently "Insanity"

In between checking and entering and a multitude of other tasks today at work, I've been surfing English grad school websites. I'm trying to compile a (revised) list of places to which I'm going to apply this summer, so I can have somewhere to go when I get back to Austria. Evidently, "long-range planning" is my middle name.

Anyway, the thing that's frustrating me. I'm investigating rather competetive schools, and they won't give me a profile of a successful applicant, damn them. They're all coy, like, "here's what you need to do to apply, but secretly we're never going to let you in—we just want the application fee." I need to know if my GRE score and grades are high enough, or if I need to be Wile E. Coyote, SUPER Genius.

Schools currently under consideration, if you're interested (and want to put your 2¢ in): Berkeley, University of Illinios Urbana-Champaign, Notre Dame, University of Chicago, University of Virginia, Johns Hopkins, Nebraska, Iowa.

No comments:

Blog Archive