Saturday, April 26, 2003

M4 and I spent an entire vacation crushing my brother's head between our index fingers and thumbs because he was so irritating, but we had to be in a car with him 16 hours a day.

I've read a fair number of romance books (I know, it's embarrassing, we're moving on), and they always freak out about finally saying "I love you." What's the deal with that? "I love you" is relatively easy to say. What's hard is "I love you but you are making me homicidal."

M3 and I have been discussing this for the past hour, and neither of us has a clue about how to tell someone you love that they just make you want to squish her head, and not in that Kids-in-the-Hall-joke way. It's hard to do without feeling self-centered, because essentially you're saying, "Pay attention to my needs, you selfish brat! Gah!" but you don't want to hurt his feelings, even though he probably deserves it. On the other hand, if you don't speak up, things are never going to get any better.

So if you've got any advice...spill.

No comments:

Blog Archive