Friday, October 31, 2003

Things I forgot to tell you, internet

I have a cell phone. If you want to call me, let me know and I will tell you how the process works. If you have tried to call me and can't, it's because there's evidently an extra, secret zero in my number. Unfortunately, I don't know where it is. I have to ask my mom, because she knows.

I was in the newspaper. The first week I was here, the regional newspaper did a feature on the rising popularity of foreign languages in area schools. They took my picture. I was not quoted, thank God. I have a copy of the article, and someday, when I find a scanner, so will you.

I left all my addresses at home. This is because I'm an idiot. Let's be frank: I was having a hard enough time hanging on to my passport the day I left; I couldn't be expected to remember addresses as well. I lost my passport twice between the house and the ticket counter of the airport, and then I left my ticket lying on a seat in the waiting area when I went to get a soda. We got back to the area where I'd been sitting 20 minutes earlier and my parents said, "Oh, someone left their ticket. They'll be needing that." I was like, "Yes, I will be needing that." I think my parents thought I would be stranded in London for the rest of my life, living on the airport runway because I'd lost my passport, ticket, and left hand in St. Louis. Anyway, my point is, if you want a postcard (or you want me to stop sending them to work, or whatever), email me your address and I will send you one. Of course, I expect reply mail and will give out my address to anybody whose name I recognize. You get the better deal, because it costs 1.25€ to send a letter or postcard to America, which is like...$47. However, it costs only 80¢ to send something from the U.S. to Austria. See how I love you?

No comments:

Blog Archive