Friday, October 24, 2003

No way will I be this excited in February

It snowed last night! It started at about 7, big fat wet flakes, and kept right on going through the night. It sort of rained for awhile off and on, but the end result is that there's about an inch and a half of snow on everything, and Stegersbach is suddenly a magical fairy village. All the trees are edged with white, but you can see the green needles of the pines and the red leaves of the oaks underneath. The trees go all the way up the hill behind the city, and it's great to steal glances out the window when my classes are otherwise occupied.

Evidently this is ridiculously early for the first snow, according to everybody and their mom, and it caused the power to go out in a lot of small villages around Stegersbach, so nobody is really as happy about it as I am. Whatever. I'm going to get a book, open my curtains, and spend the afternoon alternately reading and staring out my windows. Ah, good times.

No comments:

Blog Archive