Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Hey, can you hear that I'm talking here?

So I had my first lessons today. Four in a row, starting at 7.45 a.m. and ending at 11.35. Mostly fourth- and fifth-formers (17- to 19-year-olds), they were in general quite enthusiastic, interested, and engaged. Except for one thing.

They looooove to talk when I'm talking. Or when their teacher is talking. Or evidently, when anybody in the entire world is talking. I think if Ah-nuld came into their classroom, they'd talk over him. And then he would terminate them.

Can I mention that I'm thrilled that Ah-nuld won? I can't tell the kids this when they ask, because I want to seem like a rational, socially responsible adult. But seriously, how is this not completely hilarious? And why hasn't anybody started a reality show on this yet. I'd watch. And so would the entire country of Austria.

No comments:

Blog Archive