Wednesday, October 01, 2003

Eva und Elisabeth: Echt cool.

Today we went to Krems to observe real live English classes in action. We watched a class of 14-year-olds and a class of 12-year-olds. Let me tell you, I am so, so jealous of these kids. A), they got to start learning a language at age 10. B), they get to go to school where all the kids are well behaved and the teachers seem enthusiastic. It was kind of disturbing, how perfect everything was. I'm sure it's not always like that, and that there are boring lessons and a lot more homework than I was used to, but seriously. These kids have got it made.

Anyway, I got to chat with Eva and Elisabeth, two 12-year-olds who went to Croatia and Greece on holiday, respectively (the kids were learning about vacation and how to give directions). They thought I was funny and strange, and it made me excited to get in the classroom. Two more days of training, the weekend, and then we're off. I can't wait.

No comments:

Blog Archive