Sunday, July 06, 2003

Free lemon bar vs. $3.25 for gummi bears. How is that a choice?

Here is my new plan for movie snacking goodness: 8"x8" pans of lemon bars. It worked last night at Terminator 3, in any case. My bag is big enough to fit them, and since I happened to be carrying them because I was dropped off at the theatre and had to take them with me, I tried (and succeeded) at sneaking them in. The usher didn't even look funny at me and my tote bag with the oddly square bulge in the side--too busy talking about his five-day suspension from summer school (oh, the humanity!).

So during the previews (yay, antennalope), S and I ate lemon bars off of old phone cards I had in my wallet, since I hadn't had enough foresight to sneak in forks, as well. The whole thing worked beautifully, except for one dangerous moment halfway through the movie, when I moved my foot and caught the edge of the nearly-empty pan sitting under my seat, making a loud clanging noise on the floor. Fortunately, Ah-nuld was causing mayhem at the moment and nobody really heard.

Seriously. Brownies and bar cookies are in. Get yourself a tote and a Betty Crocker mix, and you're golden.

No comments:

Blog Archive