Monday, August 25, 2003

Enforcing rules for sign posting! Put that above the fold, Bill.

I was reading the online version of Senior Birdman's newspaper today, just to keep up with the goings-on at home. On a whim, I looked at the classified ads. I can rent a three-bedroom house in a perfectly decent part of town for $500. Is nobody else flabbergasted by this? Five hundred dollars! That's all! Absurd. I saw an efficiency advertised for $175.

And just so you understand the difference in the speed of life there, a selection of headlines from the "Headlines" and "Features" sections:

Canoe ride worth bumps and bruises
Catholic parish opens new chapter in history
Having a garage sale? Make sure you know rules on posting signs
Now, you can chat, snap and surf on cell phones
Popular plant giving city a splash of color

It might be the most calming newspaper in the world, I think.

No comments:

Blog Archive