Wednesday, June 25, 2003

These stepping stones look kind of green. And scaly.

Before I start, I'd like to report that I finally stole my coffee mug back from the evil person who's had it for the past week. My mug! I like it.

So the summer is about a third gone, which is sort of shocking. It's been mostly good so far, I suppose. I've read a lot, made a ridiculous road trip, seen a few movies and spent a lot of time just hanging out with my friends, who I love more every day. I've acquired the requisite impossibly unrequited summer crush, there's a band of white skin around my wrist where my watch goes, and I'm heading toward an overdose on baseball.

But I'm no closer to making those big decisions that I started the summer wrangling with. I don't know if I'm coming back to Houston next year or going on to graduate school, or how I'm going to get everybody to like the decision that I do end up making. I don't know if I'm going to be able to afford a computer, I don't know where I'm going to live in Austria, I don't know how to fix this one quasi-broken friendship I have, and I'm still kind of clueless at work. I don't know what to do about the bug problem in my apartment and I'm not real sure what the eventual fate of my furniture is.

So I guess the upshot of this is, I'm simultaneously happier than I've been in a long time and the most confused I've ever been in my life. Give me a Radler and a hug, and then we'll go do something fun.

No comments:

Blog Archive