Wednesday, January 08, 2003

"The King" is not on the list

Happy [muffled]th birthday to my mom. Also, happy birthday to Elvis. We'll forego the "and many more" on that one.

I have no particular beef with the world today, so I thought I would just give you a list of things I like, because I can:

    • sneezing

    • the way fresh newspapers smell

    • that thing my cat does when she jumps up on my desk and headbutts me

    • having deep discussion on Instant Messenger

    • filling in birthdays and important dates on a new wall calendar

    • vacuuming my living room (using the crevice attachment, in particular)

    • disassembling things with tools that have to be plugged in

    • shifting into fifth gear

    • the word "inculcate"

    • also, "cacaphonous," "thrice," and "immolate"

    • choosing classes for the semester

    • movie previews

    • going places with the Ms, especially banal places like the library and Target

    • Pilot Precise V5 Rolling Ball pens, blue and black

    • my running shoes, although I never run

    • playing cards and board games

    • imbuing my comments with hidden meaning, then refusing to explain

    • Diet Vanilla Coke

    • snark

    • when old people assume that DTA and I are dating because they see us kiss hello

    • long road trips

    • the hypnotic, sluggish feeling of watching television for hours on end

    • mail

    • Berry Lime Sublime smoothies from Jamba Juice


    This is, of course, only a partial list. Go write your own and send it to me (or post it), because another thing I like, of course, is lists.

No comments:

Blog Archive