Thursday, January 16, 2003

If omelettes are wrong, I don't want to be right.

I am having a problem writing a blog that I don't absolutely despise (I've started three before this post), so that explains the dearth of interesting news items. About the most interesting thing that I have to report is my successful assembly of a sweet potato casserole last night. I fully support the consumption of Thanksgiving foods at inappropriate times. As a matter of fact, I support casting all food against type. I frequently eat cereal and other breakfast-related food for dinner. (For that matter, a lot of candy masquerades as breakfast cereal, so it's like anti-antitypecasting. Or something.) I also often enjoy spaghetti or pizza or a pork chop for breakfast, although that usually only applies if I get up late. But regardless of the hour, the first meal of the day is always breakfast, so the food role reversal holds. Brownies, cake, and other desserts often make fine breakfast foods, perhaps because they go so well with coffee. Lunch is like the meal that can't be messed with, though. I supposed it's a little odd to eat like, huevos rancheros or flapjacks for lunch (or huevos rancheros and flapjacks), but you're not going to get really weird looks in a restaurant or anything. Your waiter will just assume you got up late.

Is there a point to this? Not really. Just...don't stereotype your food, I guess. Cause, you know, that flapjack has feelings.

No comments:

Blog Archive