Saturday, January 31, 2004

It's a dying art

I was writing a letter last night (maybe to you, but I'm not making any promises), and I have to say, letter writing is way cooler than email. Not that I don't adore email, but seriously, how insanely wound up do you get when you see your name handwritten on an envelope in your mailbox?

That's why I find it so sad that letter-writing is a dying art. My mother and I have a whole running list of things that are dying arts, and letter writing is on it, along with making good pie crust, sewing, good penmanship, and baking bread by scratch. (M4's personal motto is something like "Down with bread machines and their...convenience.") I'd like to note that I have at least attempted all of those dying arts. I'm not good at the first two, but penmanship, letter writing, and bread baking, I have cold.

So write me a letter, and make me happy. Or buy me a bread machine, whatever.

No comments:

Blog Archive