Monday, January 05, 2004

Hey, God, it's me. No, not Margaret.

I don't know whose bright idea it was to dump a foot of snow on Vienna today, but let me tell you, it wasn't funny. I spent the entire day trying to shop for presents with one eye closed because it had been pelted repeatedly by GIANT STINGING SNOWFLAKES. My feet were wet, my ears were cold, and my knee hurt from where I twisted it multiple times slipping on the slick slush.

I'm aware I've been complaining about the weather in Burgenland lately, about how it's all dry and colder than a rude phrase that doesn't make sense (Witch's tit? The hell?), but I have not been complaining about how my life is a little lacking in the irony department, so I feel like snow in VIENNA while I'm trying to run errands OUTSIDE is a little uncalled for.

Gah.

No comments:

Blog Archive