Friday, May 02, 2003

X on Toast

I went to see X2 last night at 12:01 a.m. with the Ms and Mananda. (Worlds collide! As you can tell, I'm living life with wild abandon now that I'm done with finals.)

I have to say, the movie was pretty much awesome, and well worth the sand-in-my-eyes feeling that I'm suffering as I stare blankly at my computer. The previews were good, the crowd was enthusiastic, and I only heard one cell phone the whole two and a half hours of the movie. (Please note, we were in the theatre from 10:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. A little overzealous in wanting to get the good seats, I feel.) Despite being a comic-book movie, it didn't suffer from excessively cheesy dialogue. The special effects were awesome, and Alan Cumming was cute as a button.

All in all, two thumbs up.

P.S. If I were a mutant, I would want to be Mystique. Or maybe Jean Grey.

No comments:

Blog Archive