Thursday, May 01, 2003

Done and done.

My thesis is printing even as I type, which means that I am done with finals, and therefore, done with college!

Final stats on the thesis: 55 pages (with bibliography), 16,878 words, two editors. Was it ever read by my advisor? Hell if I know.

Special thank yous to M3 and M!, who read the rough draft even though they had no idea what I was talking about and didn't particularly care. Gold stars for both of you.

And now I'm off to bed, children, but I leave you with this quote from Lillian Hellman, one of the memoirists about whom I wrote my thesis."When I was fourteen, in one of my many religious periods, I yelled across that Sunday's dinner table at a great-aunt, 'You have a spatulate face made to dig in the mud for money. May God forgive you." (Pentimento, 181).

You have a spatulate face.

No comments:

Blog Archive