Friday, May 02, 2003

A paeon to my chair

I have the best chair ever at work. It is leather, or at least a good approximation of it, and comfortable; the back is high enough that I can slouch down and rest my head on it without my butt sliding onto the floor in a manner embarrassing for the workplace (or any place, really). If I want, I can tilt it back and sit with my legs dangling, toes not quite touching the floor. That makes me feel young and carefree, especially when I swing my feet. The rollers on my chair are loose and I can go shooting across the department with one push. My back and butt are well-cushioned (not only by the chair, but hey, the chair helps).The armrests are curved just right; they fit my elbows but never get in my way.

My chair is black and comfy and I don't mind sitting in it eight hours or more a day. Better than you can say for most furniture.

No comments:

Blog Archive