Tuesday, February 25, 2003

The only difference is the O

I walked out of the shower into my bedroom tonight, looking for my pajamas, as is my wont. I noticed my cat sitting on the floor staring intently at the window in my room.

And the window was staring back.

There was a giant opossum climbing past my window. Now, when I say giant, I mean probably 16 inches from nose to tail tip, so not abnormally large for a possum. But when there's a rodent slithering by your second story, ceiling-level window, it seems pretty giant regardless of length. And the grossness factor was also high, since it had the whole beady-eye, naked-rat-tail spawn-of-the-devil rodent thing going on.

Bluhuhuhuh. Heebie-jeebies in the extreme.

I scared it away by taking flash pictures of it. The resourcefulness of a modern single woman living alone is amazing.

No comments:

Blog Archive