Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Who's the big winner? I'm the big winner!

Woohoo! Today was the best mail day EVER. I got birthday money in the mail from M4 and Sr. Birdman, and G&GK (thanks!) and...I found out that I'm going to Austria next year!

Yes, the Austrian Ministry of Education and the Fulbright Commission came through and awarded me a teaching assistantship for next year. I will leave for Austria sometime in late September and be there until June at least, and you are all invited to visit me. (Unless I don't like you, and if that's true, why are you reading this?) I'll find out my specific posting late next month. If you want more info about the program (and why wouldn't you?), go here.

As for TFA...yeah, I just don't see that happening. I'd be doing pretty much the same thing as I will be in Austria, except more surly and less I'm-in-Europe-y.

No comments:

Blog Archive