Saturday, March 15, 2003

Multiple colors of ink: on a level with sliced bread

This thesis is taking over my life, which you know if you've talked to me in the last week. Fine, whatever, I did this to myself. It's not all bad, though. Mainly because I get to take notes.

I like taking notes, like filling my spiral-bound with page after page of my wildly varying handwriting. Of course I'm a nerd about it, and I try to vary the color of ink that I use so the notebook is as dynamic as possible. I also try to use indents and arrows and stars and boxes so it's not just block after block of loopy half-sentences. Sometimes I highlight, and as I've said before, I include sarcastic commentary if possible. In class with a professor going ninety miles a minute, I will take notes that are interesting to look at. Even when I'm never going to look at them again.

One prof saw the variety of pens in my messenger bag once and said, "Oh, E., with that many pens you're just destined to be an academic." Or a dork, but thanks, professor.

No comments:

Blog Archive