Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Misc. Update

A couple of things:

I am freaking. Out. about the moving. My parents are going to be here on Friday afternoon expecting me to have everything packed and mostly clean. Right now I have about...oh, 20% of my stuff packed? Maybe? If we look at it charitably? Am I supposed to work all day Thursday and Friday? Yeah, I am. I blame this stressful situation on being too poor not to work but not so poor that I don't have a lot of stuff. Another problem is that, while I know my friends would help, I don't really want help. I like to be in control of the whole process, plus I'm really embarassed about how gross my apartment is. It's just bad all the way around.

Also, we have to make a deal about this blogging business while I'm away, Internet. The deal is this: I will feel free to blog, and you will feel free to comment more than once every millenium (people named MaryT exempted). Don't make me feel like I'm throwing my words into a void. I know you're reading. All...ten or so of you.

Finally, this was my big insight today, when Erin and I were complaining about the fact that guys always want to fix whatever it is we're upset about, and we just want them to shut up and listen. Okay, you've got the set-up, ready for the insight? Get a pen, you're going to want to write this down. Yes, I'll wait...okay, good, here we go: I think the reason guys do this is that they don't understand that just because the problem goes away, it doesn't mean the feeling does. I mean, when that annoying chick in your office gets fired, you don't just stop being upset about the awful way she treated you. So there you go. And if you try to write a self-help book with it, I will destroy you. Find your own too-perfect summation of the gender-communication problem.



No comments:

Blog Archive