Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Appreciate me now and avoid the rush*

I think it's sort of evil that the best experiences of a place come in the few days before you're set to leave it. I'm down to less than two weeks in H-Town, and it seems like my friends, work, and the city itself are conspiring to keep me right where I am, or at least make me miserable when I leave. The weather has been lovely the past couple of days; I walked around outside for an hour last night without breaking a sweat. Work has finally calmed down; the second of my two books is entirely out of my hands now. And my friends are making themselves well-nigh indispensable. I've gotten more invitations for dinner, play, movies, and ridiculous fun times in the past 10 days than I did in my entire last year at Rice.

My point here is that my days are getting quite full, but I'd love to see you before I go. Specifically, I'd love to see you in my apartment helping me pack.

Barring that, however, drop me an email and we'll go get coffee, or food, or matching tattoos. You can at least have the schadenfreude of knowing that you're adding to my leaving misery.

*Slogan shamelessly stolen from MaryT.

No comments:

Blog Archive