Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Grammar Princess would have been a fine name

Before we get too far into this blog without a grammar rant, I would like to share a little peeve with you. You know "never mind"? That phrase upon which this blog's title is 50% based? Yeah, it's two words. Not one. You can't run it together, i.e. "nevermind." I don't know what a nevermind is, but it was not brought to us by the same people responsible for "butterfly" and "flashlight."

I know some of you will take this loving correction rather personally. All I have to say is, while I adore you, I can't be blamed for your grammatical incompetence. Straighten up and put that space in there. And before you go off in a huff, thinking this is my personal preference, that I'm coldheartedly keeping these two words from fulfilling their romantic destiny of total union, I want to assure you that I looked this up in TWO reputable dictionaries.

Thank you for your compliance. Further correction forthcoming as needed.

No comments: