Tuesday, July 12, 2005

"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n."

Today has been a shitty day.

Well, that's not entirely true. It was going along pretty decently there for awhile; I was getting some work done, listening to good music, and I had a nice lunch. And then about 4 o'clock someone made a random comment to me (I won't repeat it because it was entirely too contextual to be relevant here), and that quickly the day was shot.

I don't know about you, but once I've achieved a bad mood, nothing can make it go away except for an extended private sulk and about eight hours of sleep. Not even the violent downpour and subsequent twin rainbow over downtown this afternoon had any effect on my mood. And you know how I love the rain.

So here I am, fully immersed in my private sulk, which in this case seems to be listening to Kasey Chambers and writing about how SOME people are EXTRAORDINARILY thoughtless and apparently need to have NEEDLES shoved into their KNEECAPS before they finally GET it. (Don't worry, said people don't read this blog. I'm not even being passive-aggressive here. I haven't gotten that far in the sulk.) Unfortunately, this isn't the good kind of sulk, where I can feel self-righteous about how I done been wronged; my feelings are hurt because what Jerk #1 said was true. Asshole.

Anyway, that's the scintillating story of my evening. I'm going to go find some crabby food (probably ice cream) and contemplate the pitiful state of my life. I'll return you to your regularly schedule sarcasm and good humor tomorrow.

No comments: